Saturday, October 9, 2010

Must be Love



   Have you ever had something that you adore so much but loathe all at the same time?  I have that kind of  love /hate relationship with food. I have a slight crush on all things edible , I just love how food looks, tastes and smells. I'm a "healthy" girl that can't say "No" when a plate is in front of me! I know, I know, I must be stopped! Looking at my mid section is the only thing that makes me think twice about devouring what's in front of me!  Being such a foodie, I decided to take part in dineLA ( http://discoverlosangeles.com/restaurantweekv2/index.jsp ).  dineLA takes place October 3-8 and October 10-15 and allows you to have a three-course meal (appetizer,entree, and dessert) at a special price (lunch, $16, $22, $28 and dinner $26, $34, $44), at some of L.A's best restaurants.  Breaking my diet, I decided to go to Pinot Bistro in Studio City for lunch. As I entered  I observed many activities, laptops were out, movie deals were being made, I felt like I was in a chic New York cafe.  Since I already peeked at the menu online I already knew what I wanted. I started of with the French onion soup.    
Bakersfield onion soup gratinée, Comté cheese, garlic crouton
Now French onion soup is my absolute favorite dish to order from any restaurant and what better  place to order French onion soup than a French Bistro, right? It was a total party in my mouth, I would come back for this soup alone! Satisfied from the soup I moved on to the garlic chicken, with fries.
Roasted garlic encrusted chicken, creamy onions, bistro frites
I ♥ garlic, so I was excited about trying this dish.  The creamy onion sauce was to die for, butter yet light, the chicken was satisfying, moist, and tender. Fries were seasoned well and went great with the dish.  My entree was good but probably something I wouldn't order again.  Not sure if I could continue eating,  but you know I did!  The perfect end to my meal was the apple tart.
Apple tarte tatin, double crème fraîche
Tart and sweet, this dessert aims to please. The buttery crust just melts in your mouth and was paired with some awesome vanilla bean ice cream, wish I had two scoops of that!
   The waitstaff seemed a little preoccupied, three different people checked up on me, so I was a little confused as to who my actually server was, none the less everyone was extremely helpful and polite.   Pinot is an ideal date place, has an extensive wine list, sophisticated atmosphere, and friendly staff.  I'm thrilled that I was able to try such great food at a great price.  I had a three-course French meal for $22! I will definitely be back, hopefully on a date! 

No comments:

Post a Comment