Friday, March 2, 2012

The Bold & the Beautiful

In Love with this Color


Clean Palette
"Fresh Face"
Ravishing Red
Embrace
Although it's still officially Winter, who says you can't wear a bright bold lip?  Everyone knows that I love color, and believe it or not it's not that hard to wear.  Just pick your shade and go!  I wanted to try some pretty colors that I found at the drug store and a new product, Cover Girl Blast Flipstick. So to get things going you need to start with a "Fresh Face" not this fresh face, we don't wanna scare the people.  :-) My definition of a "Fresh Face" is to have everything neutral and subtle, usually giving the illusion that you have very little or no makeup on at all. Achieving the "Fresh Face"  is simple, to start I have on Revlon Color Stay  liquid foundation in Carmel. I have on Maybeline Eye Studio in  Caffeine Rush and a mean cat eye which I simply adore. I achieved this winged out look by using Cover Girl Line Exact liquid eye liner. A little L'Oreal True Match Blush in Subtle Sable, some brown eye shadow to fill in my brows, mascara and voilĂ , we have a "Fresh Face".  The most important thing when making your lips the focal point is to EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE!!!  I bought everything from CVS but you can go to Target, Wal-Mart, or any other drugstore to find these items.  Now let's get to this color! Red is usually the go-to color for most women when wanting a bold lip, I chose L'OREAL Infallible Lipstick in Ravishing Red. I like this formula because it's really creamy unlike a lot of other red lipsticks.  Next on my list was Embrace lipstick by Cover Girl,  it is absolutely fabulous!
My Look of Disgust, I Hate It!(the two colors combined)
This berry color is gorgeous and is slightly iridescent which just makes me Go Gaga!  Lastly I wanted to try this new product that I keep seeing in commercials and in magazines. The absolutely stunning Sophia Vergara is all over T.V and print ads wearing Cover Girl's new product  Blast Flipstick.  It's a lipstick duo that gives you the option of wearing the colors alone or wearing them together for endless color combinations, if only that were true....Oh Cover Girl you have failed me again. Again you have given me the illusion that the images I see on T.V and magazines will look the same in person (i.e Cover Girl Shadow Blast with Cover Girl Drew Barrymore).  Now I must say I purchased the Flipstick in Stunner and  the colors on their own are great, smooth and long lasting, but if you're hoping to get that two-toned effect then you will be extremely disappointed. The idea is great but needs to be perfected if you're gonna market it this way. Color is not scary it's fun and I hope I've inspired some of you to try something new!  :-)


Pros: You get two colors for the price of one
Cons:  Looks nothing like the ads

No comments:

Post a Comment