Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year, New You


Drew Barrymore Print Ad







Step 1
Step 2
 
M.A.C Paint Pot-Vintage  Selection $16.50
Sorry for the short hiatus, now I'm back!  It's a new year and it's time to start everything fresh and sassy!  If you're anything like me you're a TV junkie and have seen this commercial with Drew Barrymore a million times.  It looked like a cool concept, use one product (the print ad shows two products), to create a smokey eye.  Although the commercial implies that you only need one product, you actually need Smoky Shadowblast  ( $9.99)and Liquidline Blast ($9.99) to create the look.  So I start off by using a base to prevent creasing. Shadowblast has a dual stick that gives you step by step directions.  Step 1:  Glide the rounded tip from your lashline to your brow bone. Step 2:  Apply darker color in the crease and your lash line. Step 3:  Use a sheer or nude lip gloss, I chose Shine Sensational in Berry Dazzle by Maybeline ($6.99).    Now my look is complete, done in two steps.  I can say that I did not like how this turned out at all, and it looks nothing like the ad!  I spruced it up a bit by adding lip liner, blush, mascara and defining my brows. So this is the new and improved look.  A little better but nothing to get excited about. I wore this to work all day and it creased so bad even though I put on a base! I would never buy this crap again!  If you need a quick smokey eye then this is a great product, other than that it gets two thumbs down!  I'm glad it was something inexpensive that I fortunately can take back. 
Pros: Easy use, good for a few hours
Cons:  Creases/runs really bad, could never wear all day



FYI people DineLA is back people Jan.23-28th and
Jan.30-Feb.4th.  Check out where to get a fab meal
at a fantastic price!

No comments:

Post a Comment