Monday, December 20, 2010

Artisanal LA Part Duex










Spicy Pickled Garlic Smoked Olives $14
Butter Pie $25
Crab Roll $9

  Boy oh boy if you weren't in Downtown L.A last weekend you really missed out!  So many shows so little time! Artisanal LA, Unique LA, and A Current Affair, were just a few of the fab shows that took place over the weekend.  Chestnuts roasting on an open fire (literally), and all things food inspired were the highlight of the second installment of Artisanal LA.  My first stop was Artisanal LA, truly a food lovers dream, I was in Foodie Heaven! Crust was my first stop where I sampled owner Stephanie's Missouri Butter Pie (yes I said BUTTER pie), and cracker brittle, so good.  I then moved on to Orgasmo de la Boca which had some awesome smoked olives.  I've never heard of such a thing, in fact I don't even like olives, but this was truly the best olive that I've ever had!  This hickory smoked olive was a tasty treat and I'm glad I gave it a try.  Cold Brew and Cola was next on my list, if you enjoy coffee and a quick boost of caffine then this is the drink for you! 
Couch Mix $11
This mix of Mexican Coca-Cola and cold brewed coffee ice cubes was quite refreshing, it really helped me wash down all that goodness I was eating. If you're a coffee lover it's definitely a must.  To my pleasant surprise The Hungry Nomad and The Lobsta Truck there, now these are two amazing food trucks! Now The Lobsta Truck did not disappoint, the menu is simple, lump crab or lobster meat on a toasted roll with mayo or butter. I was in seafood paradise!  I chose the crab roll and of course I had it with rich creamy drawn butter!  It was a great sandwich, would've been even better if there was no shells in it, they get a pass because it was just that good!  But the crème de la crème of the event was Cast Iron Gourmet.  Owner Rashida Purifoy has me over here feenin' like a crackhead over this couch mix. Couch mix is trail mix with carmalized bacon, and it's G-double-O-D Good! Bacon chutney and Bacon Fat Pimento Spread, are her newest creations and I swear it's the best thing since sliced bread, and when you mix
MNKR Screen Tee $20
the two together? Don't even get me started!  It is a definite must try! So to work off all this goodness I walked over to

The California Market Center to Unique LA . This show was huge, so many unique items to see, and many eclectic and interesting pieces. I saw a couple of old faces like p.o.p candy and made some new friends like MNKR they had some cool screen T's, I love the one I bought. So many cool giftideas, I can't wait to see the next show in May 2011. My day unfortunately had to end, I had to catch the train home, it was getting dark and you know what Downtown looks like at night, folks start settin' up shop! I will definitely keep ya posted, on the next event, Ciao! 


2 comments: