Friday, November 19, 2010

Oh So Fab!



Sangria $5

Clams Oreganato $12

After a long day of work I really needed to take a load off, I searched for somewhere close to my job for that good ol' happy hour special and discovered  Fab's Corner Cucina.  They have Happy Hour daily from 5-7pm,  half price wine by the glass, beer and  appetizers.  I was all over that like bees to honey!  I sat at the bar because the bartender was super friendly. This adventure was more about eating than drinking but you know I still had to get that drink in!  I started my night off with a glass of Sangria which the bartender recommended I try. It wasn't bad but not very strong.  Sangria always tastes like fruit punch to me but that could be the alkie in me talking! There are some many things on the menu to choose from, it was hard for me to narrow it down.  My trusty bartender was an awesome help and assisted me in figuring things out.  I decided to get the Clams Oreganato and he suggested I get the Beet Burata Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna.  My meal started off with some fab bread (pun intended).  The sourdough bread came out piping hot and was absolutely perfect!  Then my clams came out and OMG were they good! Let me start off by saying I love any sauce that you can dip your bread in,  and they gave me extra sauce on the side?! Score!  Clams Oreganato consisted of fresh baked clams, topped with bread crumbs, parmigiano cheese, fresh parsley and oregano, Perfecto! Since it was happy hour and appetizers were half priced I only paid $6.  Next came my salad, I was a bit skeptical because I don't really like beets, but I was up for trying something new. 
Beet Burrata Salad $11
The Beet Burrata Salad looked great but I was searching for my tuna and they forgot it! No Bueno!  It was cool, he sent it back, no harm no foul.  This was one unbelievable salad. All the ingredients were tossed in a light vinaigrette which was a very healthy choice, and since I'm on my diet (he he), I felt it was the appropriate thing for me to eat. I don't like beets, but these golden beets were to die
Beet Burrata Salad with Seared Ahi Tuna $16
 for! Burrata cheese is an Italian cheese made from mozzarella cheese and cream, it simply melts in your mouth.  The beets and the cheese were two things that I've never tried but oh so glad I did. Seared Ahi was a perfect addition to this salad  I left fat, full, and delicious (not so much fat but you catch my drift) and to top things off he gave me my Sangria for free! Sometimes dining alone does pay off.  Just south of  Ventura Blvd, Fab's is a cool little after work spot to relax and unwind.  Happy Hour is great and there is a nice relaxed vibe, next time I need an Italian food fix I'll definitely be back at Fab's!



Fab's Corner Cucina 
4336 Van Nuys Blvd,
Sherman Oaks, CA 91393
Phone:818-995-2933


No comments:

Post a Comment