Thursday, April 21, 2011

Artisanal LA Santa Monica 2011

Rachel, owner of p.o.p candy
Diggin' in tha crates
Guess we were a little late...
Pulled Pork Cupcake
Salted Carmel Candy Yum!



Clearly I have no shame, sure was good!


All Jarred Up Pies!


Rashida, owner of Cast Iron Gourmet



OMG, please tell me you were in Santa Monica over the weekend!  Artisanal LA out did itself in it's new location!  The operative word for this event was sugar!!!  There were tons of sweet and savory confections to fit everyone's sweet tooth.  The biggest change (besides the location) was the increase in libations!  Imagine cocktails made from hibiscus and jasmine, shots of Acai vodka, and all the beer you can carry (we were double fisting it in there!) Green Bar Collective, VeeV, and Eagle Rock Brewery made that happen for me and my crew, what more could you ask for???  Of course I saw some familiar faces, Rashida,  owner of Cast Iron Gourmet,  and her bacon posse were slingin' that swine like nobody's business.  She never ceases to amaze me and per usual she had a new creation for this event, Pork Nuts, that's right homemade corn nuts soaked in Eagle Rock Brewery beer and cooked in bacon fat, Yum Yum! Dropped in on my good friend Rachel  at p.o.p candy.  The gang that I rolled with fell in love with these herb crusted treats.  In fact we fought over the last bag of rosemary almond butter crunch, since she was a newbie I let her have it.  I went out of my comfort zone and bought the thyme, walnut , and cherry candy and boy was I glad I did, the tangy cherries made an awesome addition to the candy.  Simone B. was new to Artisanal LA, her pulled pork cupcake and margarita cupcake were a smash hit.  Speaking of smash hit, Bangers and Smashed brought their gourmet mashed potatoes with flavors like Black Truffle Smashed and Bourbon Pecan Smashed (sweet potatoes) with Jack Daniels and spice, totally to live for!  My friends and I left stuffed, fat, full, and delicious and did I mention that all this great food was only ten bucks?  Best $10 I ever spent...well since the last event!  Make sure you don't miss the next foodie event!
We all had a blast!


*Unique LA is back!!! Their 3rd Annual
  Spring Show will be May 7th and 8th
  (Mother's Day weekend). Tickets are
  $10 at the door, Perfect time to grab
  that last minute gift for mom!  See Ya
  there!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment